As people, we’re always changing and evolving — and so are our cosmetic goals! If you underwent breast augmentation surgery in the past and are now rethinking the look of your breasts, you’re in good company. Many patients, including celebrities, have made the choice to undergo breast implant removal to change the look of their breasts after a previous breast augmentation. Could that be the right choice for you? Let’s learn more.
Breast Implant Removal Among Stars
Many celebrities had breast augmentation surgery at a younger age to give their breasts a boost, but as time went by those implants no longer aligned with their current desired look. Here’s a list of celebs who had breast explant surgery and why they decided to pursue removal:
- Victoria Beckham, because she ultimately didn’t like how they looked
- Andrienne Bailon, because she didn’t like how the implants drew attention to her chest
- Pamela Anderson, because she felt self-conscious about how the implants looked
- Chrissy Teigen, because although the implants worked for her for many years, she decided she didn’t want them anymore
Reasons To Undergo Breast Explant Surgery
Cosmetic reasons, like those listed above, are a big reason why many women get breast explant surgery. It makes sense that your preferences will change as you go through different stages of life, and removing breast implants could give you the look that you now want. Breast implant removal surgery for those patients are typically very straightforward.
That being said, there are other women who experience issues with their implants and removal may be an appropriate recommendation. These issues include:
- Pain or discomfort around the implants
- Changes in breast shape due to age, pregnancy, or breastfeeding
- Scar tissue (capsular contracture) that has morphed the appearance of the breasts
- Ruptured or rippling implant
- Symptoms of breast implant associated illness
The surgery for these particular issues may be a bit more complex. Regardless of the reason why you are interested in breast explant surgery, Dr. Gerard C. Mosiello at Tampa Palms Plastic Surgery will ensure that your needs are met. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Last 5 posts in Plastic Surgery
- What To Expect From Eyelid Surgery? - November 19th, 2022
- Top qualities to look out for in the right plastic surgeon - June 24th, 2022
- Top reasons why you may need breast implant surgery - June 14th, 2022
- Why Choose Tampa Palms Plastic Surgery? - May 28th, 2022
- Facelift Trends You Should Know - May 6th, 2022