Welcome to Dr. Mosiello’s news page. We encourage you to visit us again as we continue to post new and exciting plastic and reconstruction surgery articles featuring Dr. Mosiello and our Tampa Palms Practice.
Dr. Gerard C. Mosiello is a board certified plastic surgeon located in the New Tampa/Tampa Palms area of Tampa Bay. Dr. Mosiello is honored to add this prestigious recognition by US News & World Report to his already extensive list of awards and accomplishments. Read more.
Dr. Mosiello Featured in Tampa Magazine’s 2020 Top Doctors List!
Tampa Palms Plastic Surgery is proud to announce that our very own Dr. Mosiello has been voted one of Tampa Magazine’s 2020 Top Doctors!
Another of the many significant achievements for Tampa Palms Plastic Surgery after nearly 20 years providing plastic surgery care in Tampa Palms.
Get to Know Dr. Gerard Mosiello
Dr. Gerard Mosiello is a board-certified plastic surgeon serving Tampa Palms, New Tampa, Wesley Chapel, and the entire Tampa Bay area.
He has expertise in a wide range of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures, including breast augmentation and enhancement, breast lift surgery, breast reconstruction, facial rejuvenation, and body contouring.
Patients trust Dr. Mosiello to perform their plastic surgery procedures because he approaches every appointment with the compassion, focus, and dedication that creates success.
Dr. Mosiello opened his private practice, Tampa Palms Plastic Surgery, in 2002 in order to provide a highly personalized approach to patient care. Tampa Palms Plastic Surgery patients enjoy minimal wait time, consistent care, and superior results.
Dr. Mosiello also remains on the cutting edge of modern plastic surgery techniques through his involvement in a number of regional and national medical societies, including:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Tampa Bay Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons
More About Tampa Magazine’s Top Doc List
Tampa Magazine is the area’s #1 lifestyle magazine that seeks to offer the best of Tampa all in one place. Each year, the publication asks more than 9,000 physicians practicing in Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco counties to nominate the peers they believe stand out from the rest.
Out of hundreds of plastic surgeons in the area, Dr. Mosiello earned the honors of being voted one of the best of the best by his peers.
The Cancer No Man Wants To Talk About
“If you have a problem, get seen by a specialist, because it is only going to get worse if you don’t,” said James Wright. Wise words from a man who has experienced firsthand a diagnosis of penile cancer, followed by tissue-sparing surgery.
“I think people sometimes feel these things can’t happen to them, that they can’t develop cancer in places like the penis,” said Dr. Philippe Spiess, assistant chief of Surgical Services and senior member, Department of Genitourinary Oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center. “But the reality is such cancers occur, and it is essential for the patient to have the condition identified and evaluated as quickly as possible by the right specialist.”
Penile cancer usually forms on or along the penile glans or shaft and is often curable when found early. If left untreated, however, the cancer can spread rapidly to regional nodes or beyond and become potentially life threatening.
35th ANNUAL ATLANTA BREAST SURGERY SYMPOSIUM
On January 18, Dr. Mosiello traveled to Atlanta to attend the 3 5 T H ANNUAL ATLANTA BREAST SURGERY SYMPOSIUM SPONSORED BY: The Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (SESPRS) whose goal is “Advancing professional excellence, quality education, and regional collegiality”.
Throughout the weekend he was immersed in all things breast! He attended lectures on current topics with the goal of bringing the latest updates in the field to his Tampa practice of breast surgery focusing on breast augmentation, mastopexy, breast reduction, breast reconstruction and revision surgeries.
The stated goals of conference included:
• Enhance and expand surgical technique in cases like transgender breast surgery, double bubble following breast augmentation, and autologous breast reconstruction with contralateral reduction,
• Discuss strategies to improve various breast reconstruction techniques,
• Assess advantages and disadvantages to improve techniques related to Implants, expanders, and ADM use in pre-pectoral breast reconstruction,
• Review up to date information on fat grafting to the breast for reconstructive procedures,
• Identify alternative ideas in breast reconstruction,
• Update on ALCL, the role of textured implants, and optimizing outcomes
• Improve the strategies in management of breast augmentation and mastopexy to maximize results and minimize complications,
• Review current perspectives in transgender surgery,
• Discuss strategies to communicate and satisfy the unhappy patient,
• Review safety and management of complications of oncoplastic breast surgery to improve outcomes.
He viewed 3 live surgeries performed by experts in the field:
1.Transgender Breast Augmentation
2.“Double Bubble” Correction after Prior Breast Augmentation
3.Breast Reconstruction with Autologous Mastectomy Flaps and Contralateral Breast Reduction
In April 2018 Dr. Mosiello attended “The Aesthetic Meeting” held at the Javitz Center in NYC.
Dr. Mosiello Honored with Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation Contribution
January 2016- Once again, Dr. Mosiello’s skill, expertise and compassionate care have been recognized with a thoughtful gift to the Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation from a grateful patient and his family. Dr. Mosiello has received high praise in the past and has been recognized as a caring physician who embodies the mission of Moffitt Cancer Center “to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.” His care of cancer patients is inspirational!!
Dr. Mosiello Invited to Speak to Nurses
May 2015- His expertise in skin cancer reconstruction makes him an ideal speaker to share his knowledge at the 2015 National Academy of Dermatology Nurse Practioner’s 4th Annual National Conference to be held in Clearwater Beach at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort.
Dr. Mosiello Attends Prestigious Conference
January 2015-Atlanta, GA- As a member of the Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Dr. Mosiello had the pleasure of attending The 31st Annual SESPRS 2015 Atlanta Breast Surgery Symposium where he and other participants learned about and discussed the latest trends in breast surgery including breast reconstruction and aesthetic breast surgery such as mastopexy, augmentation and breast reduction.. He is now able to use this up to date knowledge of products and techniques to benefit those patients he serves in the Tampa area.
Dr. Mosiello Recognized for Serving Veterans
August 2014- The Department of Veterans Affairs at the James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital in Tampa recently issued a commendation letter to Dr. Mosiello in recognition of his 20 years of devoted service to veterans. Dr. Mosiello is proud to provide his services to those who have given so much to our country.
Dear Golf Tournament Sponsor,
See full letter here.
More News from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
In the News
- Age Alone Doesn’t Increase Complications of Free-Flap Breast Reconstruction in Older Women November 28
- High Patient Satisfaction Rates after “Adam’s Apple” Reduction Surgery October 31
- Facial Asymmetry Increases with Age October 31
- CRISPR Gene Editing Will Find Applications in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery October 31