As the focal point of the face, the eyes commonly become the target area for cosmetic surgery. The eyes can undergo striking changes during the aging process, causing people to lose a bright, rested appearance of the face.
Eyelid surgery is a popular plastic surgery procedure that refreshes the eye area to make the entire face appear more youthful. If you’re looking to improve the appearance of your eyes, eyelid surgery may be an excellent solution for you.
What Is Eyelid Surgery?
Also called blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery is a plastic surgery procedure that involves removing excess tissue around the eyes to tighten the skin and reduce puffiness. The procedure can help you achieve both functional and aesthetic goals, given that excess tissue around the eyes can cause problems with vision in addition to creating cosmetic concerns.
The Eyelid Lift Procedure
During eyelid surgery, your plastic surgeon will make incisions in the eyes’ natural creases to minimize scarring. The creases are typically made in the upper eyelid creases and under the lower lid lashes. Through these incisions, excess skin, fat, and tissue are carefully removed. Then, the incisions are closed with fine stitches.
Why You Should Consider Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid surgery can provide the following benefits to the eye area:
- Tightens and lifts the skin around the eyes
- Eliminates excess skin
- Reduces eye puffiness and under-eye bags
Swelling and bruising resulting from eyelid surgery generally subsides within 7 to 10 days of the procedure. The stitches can typically be removed within a week of the procedure, while some light sensitivity may persist for a couple of weeks. Additionally, since the incisions are aligned with the eyes’ natural creases, as the scarring from eyelid surgery fades over time it becomes barely visible.
Contact us today to learn more about eyelid surgery to rejuvenate the eye area.
Last 5 posts in Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Trends of 2021 - March 20th, 2021
- Choose a Plastic (Not Cosmetic) Surgeon for Your Breast Surgery - February 20th, 2021
- Reasons To Consider Breast Explant Surgery (Breast Implant Removal) - January 30th, 2021
- Board-Certified Cosmetic Surgeon Vs. Plastic Surgeon: Why You Should Know the Difference - November 28th, 2020
- The Difference Between a Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation - October 20th, 2020