Deciding on the Best Type of Breast Implants
Ready to take the leap and get breast implants? Congratulations on making this life changing decision! But the choices you have to make are far from over. Next up — which type of breast implants is right for you? Here are some things to consider.
How many types of breast implants are there?
Most people have heard of both silicone and saline implants, but that isn’t the only way that they differ.
- Shape: Both silicone and saline breast implants come in different shapes. They might be perfectly round or shaped like teardrops. Which shape is right for you depends on the final results you want and your current breast features.
- Firmness: Silicone breast implants are traditionally firmer, sometimes unrealistically, than saline implants. But some silicone implants are softer to the touch than others. Gummy bear implants are very soft to the touch, but firm enough to retain their shape.
You have some additional options when it comes to both saline and silicone implants- implant profile or projection and of course, you’ll also need to consider size. There are several manufacturers of breast implants, and they have different sizing scales and availability.
Depending on your desired results, your doctor may suggest a particular implant simply because it is the best profile and size to achieve your final results.
If you really want to make the right decision when it comes to choosing your implant, contact us today to schedule an appointment for a consultation. Dr. Mosiello will develop an individualized plan to help you achieve your goals!
Last 5 posts in Breast Augmentation
- 5 things to consider before undergoing breast implant surgery - October 22nd, 2022
- Top Reason Why You May Need Breast Implant Surgery - July 26th, 2022
- Top reasons why you may need breast implant surgery - June 14th, 2022
- How Breast Augmentation Helps With Overall Breast Symmetry - February 10th, 2022
- Why Winter is the Best Time for Breast Augmentation- Even in Tampa! - December 20th, 2021