35TH ANNUAL ATLANTA BREAST SURGERY SYMPOSIUM
On January 18 Dr. Mosiello traveled to Atlanta to attend the 3 5 T H ANNUAL ATLANTA BREAST SURGERY SYMPOSIUM SPONSORED BY: The Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (SESPRS) whose goal is “Advancing professional excellence, quality education, and regional collegiality”.
Throughout the weekend he was immersed in all things breast! He attended lectures on current topics with the goal of bringing the latest updates in the field to his Tampa practice of breast surgery focusing on breast augmentation, mastopexy, breast reduction, breast reconstruction and revision surgeries.
The stated goals of conference included:
• Enhance and expand surgical technique in cases like transgender breast surgery, double bubble following breast augmentation, and autologous breast reconstruction with contralateral reduction,
• Discuss strategies to improve various breast reconstruction techniques,
• Assess advantages and disadvantages to improve techniques related to Implants, expanders, and ADM use in pre-pectoral breast reconstruction,
• Review up to date information on fat grafting to the breast for reconstructive procedures,
• Identify alternative ideas in breast reconstruction,
• Update on ALCL, the role of textured implants, and optimizing outcomes
• Improve the strategies in management of breast augmentation and mastopexy to maximize results and minimize complications,
• Review current perspectives in transgender surgery,
• Discuss strategies to communicate and satisfy the unhappy patient,
• Review safety and management of complications of oncoplastic breast surgery to improve outcomes.
He viewed 3 live surgeries performed by experts in the field:
1.Transgender Breast Augmentation
2.“Double Bubble” Correction after Prior Breast Augmentation
3.Breast Reconstruction with Autologous Mastectomy Flaps and Contralateral Breast Reduction